Domestic Worker

Free assessment

Free Eligibility Assessment

You can apply as the domestic worker if you currently employed by a person overseas and wishing to accompany them into the UK for the purpose of domestic work.

If you make an initial application the maximum period of stay will be 6 months after which you must return home.

Key requirements:

  • have been employed as a domestic worker by the same employer for at least one year under the same roof as the employer or in a household the employer uses for themselves regularly;
  • the applicant intends to work for the employer as a domestic worker whilst the employer is in the UK;
  • Your employer must be either a:
    – British or EEA national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months
    – foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to remain for more than 6 months

UK immigration law is complicated and often confusing to those unfamiliar with the rules, regulations and procedures. Our immigration adviser can translate technical issues into plain English and cast a light upon the complex issues of immigration legislation. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your options and how we can assist you in your application.

Contact Us