Tourist and short stay visas

Free assessment

Free Eligibility Assessment

General Visitor Visa (or Tourist visa)

This is the general category and suitable for those who are over 18 years old and wish to come to the UK for holidays or to visit friends and non-settled family members.

The visa is granted for 6 months, but you can apply for a long-term visa in the case if you need to make repeat visits over a longer period.

Child Visitor Visa

For those, who are under 18 and will be visiting the UK for no more than 6 months. You will need to have consent from your parents for your trip to the UK; be able to pay for your journey and have enough money to support yourself during your stay.

Business Visitor Visa

Business Visitor Visa is suitable for people over 18 years old and wishing to come to the UK to conduct business activities for which work authorization is not required.

There are 3 types of Business Visitor visa:

  • Business Visitor visa is for those visiting the UK to carry out activities relating to their job, e.g: attending meetings and trade fairs, negotiating or signing agreements.
  • Academic visitor visa is intended for academic visitors – eg academics on sabbatical, doing research or accompanying students on a study abroad programme.
  • Doctors and dentists visitor visa is intended for doctors and dentists undertaking clinical attachments or clinical observer posts, or taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test.

 Family Visitor Visa

You can apply under this category only if your family member in the UK is one of the following:

  • a British citizen
  • settled in the UK
  • granted asylum in the UK
  • under humanitarian protection in the UK

Marriage Visitor Visa

This visa category is for people who are over 18 years old and are wishing to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK.

The visa is granted for 6 month and will not allow you to stay in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership.

Student Visitor Visa

This category will be suitable for people who are going to undertake a short course of study in the UK. The course length should be up to 6 months. In the case of English language courses only the visa will be granted for 11 months.

UK immigration law is complicated and often confusing to those unfamiliar with the rules, regulations and procedures. Alrose Legal is on hand to translate technical issues into plain English and to provide you with superior solutions, whatever your immigration needs. Please feel free to contact us for professional advice.

Private Medical Treatment Visitor Visa

If you want to come to the UK for private medical care, you can apply for a visa to stay for 6 or 11 months depending on how long your treatment is expected to take. You’ll need to provide a letter from a registered UK doctor detailed your treatment and costs. Depending on the country you are based, you may be also required to pass Tuberculosis (TB) test.

Contact Us