Unmarried Partner Visa

Free assessment

Free Eligibility Assessment

Unmarried Partners of UK citizens or permanent residents (mainly those with indefinite leave to remain) may come to the UK under the Unmarried Partner Visa UK class, and are able to work as soon as the visa is granted.

You will need to meet the following Unmarried Partner Visa requirements:

The UK citizen or permanent resident must have actually met their non-UK partner. They will need to show they have cohabited for a period of 2 years together at the same address. The list of required documents can be confirmed to you by one of our consultants once they deem you eligible to apply for the Unmarried Partner Visa for the UK.

You must intend to live together permanently with your unmarried Partner in order to obtain the UK Visa.

You must possess sufficient funds to pay you and your Unmarried Partner’s living expenses and those of any dependants without claiming public funds. This is currently set at an annual salary of £18,600 and higher if children are applying for a visa to come with the parent. Public funds cover various benefits paid by the UK Government if you are currently looking for work or if you are on a low income.

Accommodation for the couple, and any dependants, must be suitable and available. It must not create overcrowding and you must have permission from the owner of the property for all your family to stay there.

Get Entry Clearance before coming to the UK as an unmarried partner

Unmarried Partners seeking to come to the UK on the basis of a 2 year durable relationship to a UK Citizen should apply for entry clearance before entering the UK.

If you have a visa valid for six months or less in the UK you cannot change status to an Unmarried Partner Visa. Usually persons on a Tourist/Visitor Visa don’t realise that they will have to leave the country and come back with the correct visa, in this case an Unmarried Partner Visa.

After a total period of 5 years in the UK if you meet the residence requirements you may then apply for UK citizenship. If you are in a relationship with an unmarried partner and want to know how you can migrate to the UK to be with them then Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation on + 44 7710987064.

Contact Us