UK Ancestry Visa
OISC ACCREDITED UK IMMIGRATION ADVISERS
High Success Rate
Same Day Services
Competitive fixed Fees
UK Ancestry Visa
A UK Ancestry visa applies to Commonwealth citizens from outside the UK with ancestral links to Great Britain, who are applying from outside the UK and are planning to work in the UK as either employed or self-employed candidates.
The earliest date the application for the UK Ancestry visa can be made is 3 months before the applicant is planning to travel to the UK.
The Home Office state that a decision should be made on your UK Ancestry visa application within 3 weeks of applying from outside of the UK. The timeframe may vary subject to the country processing the application.
What Our Clients Say
I would like to thank Master Legal Services for the job they have done to get my 5 years UK Residence Card as a family member of a EU national. I recommend this immigration firm as they have provided me with a tailored service, by speaking my native language (Russian) and charging less than other law firms in London.
I have asked the Master Legal Services for help with my Family Leave to Remain application. Elena was very professional and knowledgeable in explaining the process and what was required for this application. She made me feel assured that all the information submitted was correct and I would get my FLR without any problem (and I did). I highly recommend using this company as they are professional and efficient.
Kelly A – 47
I have instructed them to handle my very complex case regarding EEA Permanent Residence Card. They handled my immigration case in a very professional manner. They have been staying in constant contact, responding promptly to my queries. I have been granted Permanent Residence Card. Now I will instruct them to assist with my application for a British citizenship. It is very difficult to find a good law firm that charges a reasonable fee. I would highly recommend Master Legal Services.
Requirements for UK Ancestry Visa
- be a Commonwealth citizen at time of the application;
- be aged 17 or over;
- be able to provide proof that one of the grandparents was born in the United Kingdom and Islands (before 31 March 1922);
- and that any such grandparent is the applicant’s blood grandparent or grandparent by reason of adoption recognized by the laws of the United Kingdom relating to adoption;
- be able to work and intend to take or seek employment in the United Kingdom;
- be able to maintain and accommodate oneself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds.
UK Ancestry Visa Supporting Documents
In line with the above, the applicant to a UK Ancestry Visa must then submit sufficient evidence to prove that they meet the above-mentioned criteria. As such, the following documents need to be sent with the UK Ancestry Visa application:
- the original birth certificate of applicant;
- the original birth certificate of the applicant’s parents;
- the original birth certificate of their grandparents;
- marriage certificate of the applicant’s parents’;
- the applicant’s current valid passport and national ID card (if any);
- the last 6-months bank statements of the applicant to show that there are enough maintenance funds;
- documentary evidence of plans for the applicant to work in the UK – this could include evidence of their current role within the company, the wage slips, letter of intention to transfer the applicant etc;
- TB Testing: Depending on the country in which UK Ancestry Visa application is made, it may be required to complete a TB test to confirm that the applicant is free from tuberculosis and a certificate is needed to be submitted with UK Ancestry visa application.
Successful Applications for UK Ancestry Visa:
Our London based UK Ancestry Visa lawyers will always ensure that your application meets the UK Ancestry Visa requirements. This means that subsequently your Ancestry visa application will be successful, and will result in a visa being granted to the applicant for a maximum initial period of 5 years.
The holder of the UK Ancestry Visa may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (‘ILR’) after 5 years if they meet the following criteria:
- continue to meet all the entry or extension requirements;
- has remained in the UK continuously for 5 years. At present this means they have no absences over 180 days in any 12 months during a 5-year period;
- has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom;
- does not have any convictions, penalties or convictions;
- not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
- not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws.
Why Our Clients Choose Us
High Success Rate
Our team is dedicated to providing excellent services to each client.
Affordable Fixed Fee
We offer one of the most competitive fees in London.
Our office is very conveniently located in the City of London with a walking distance from underground stations (Chancery Lane, Holborn).
How we can help
At Master Legal Services we have a team of experienced specialists, all based in London and ready to provide you with a free initial assessment regarding your immigration matter. You can contact us on 020 8935 5205, +44 7710987064 or by email email@example.com
- A comprehensive consultation and assessment of your case;
- Advising you about the relevant documents and immigration requirements;
- Filling in the application form;
- Checking your documents to make sure that they meet the requirements;
- Drafting a cover letter in support of your immigration matter;
- Correspondence with the Home Office / UKVI;
- Advising about booking biometric appointments or using the new UKVCAS IDV app;
- Submission of all necessary documentation to the Home Office / UKVI system.