Apply for an UK ancestry visa
A UK Ancestry visa applies to Commonwealth citizens from outside the UK with ancestral links to Great Britain, who are applying from outside the UK and are planning to work in the UK. If you are looking to apply for the UK Ancestry Visa, Master Legal Services can help. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation on 07490639558 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.
Requirements for UK Ancestry Visa
For an applicant, the UK Ancestry Visa Requirements are:
- Is a Commonwealth citizen at time of the application
- Is aged 17 or over
- Is able to provide proof that one of his grandparents was born in the United Kingdom and Islands (before 31 March 1922)
- and that any such grandparent is the applicant’s blood grandparent or grandparent by reason of adoption recognized by the laws of the United Kingdom relating to adoption
- Is able to work and intends to take or seek employment in the United Kingdom
- Will be able to maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds
- Holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
UK Ancestry Visa Supporting Documents
In line with the above, the applicant to a UK Ancestry Visa must then submit sufficient evidence to prove that they meet the above-mentioned criteria. As such, the following documents need to be sent with the UK Ancestry Visa application:
- the original birth certificate of applicant;
- the original birth certificate of the applicant’s parents;
- the original birth certificate his grandparents;
- Marriage certificate of the applicant’s parent’s;
- the applicant’s current valid passport and/ national ID card;
- the last 6 months bank statements of the applicant to show that there is enough maintenance fund;
- documentary evidence of plans for the applicant to work in the UK- this could include evidence of his current role within the company, his wage slips, letter of intention to transfer the applicant etc.
Depending on the country in which you are making your UK Ancestry Visa application, you may be required to complete a TB test to confirm that you are free from tuberculosis and you will need to obtain a certificate to submit with your UK Ancestry visa application.
The earliest application for the UK Ancestry visa can be made is 3 months before the applicant is planning to travel to the UK.
The Home Office state that a decision should be made on your UK Ancestry visa application within 3 weeks of applying from outside of the UK. The timeframe may vary subject to the country processing the application.
Successful Applications for UK Ancestry Visa:
Our London based UK ancestry Visa lawyers will always ensure that your application meets the UK Ancestry Visa requirements. This means that subsequently your Ancestry visa application will be successful, and will result in a visa being granted to the applicant for a maximum initial period of 5 years.
The holder of an UK ANcestry Visa may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (‘ILR’) after 5 years if they meet the following criteria:
- has remained in the UK for continuously for 5 year. At present this means they have no (This is currently defined as having no absences over 180 days in any 5 year period, and no single absences in any 90 day period);
- has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom,
- does not have any convictions.
How can we help:
If you would like to learn more about your eligibility for UK Ancestry Visa contact our legal experts to discuss your circumstances, and assist with your application.