Permanent right of residence in the UK – Our Immigration Lawyers London Can Help
Are you an EEA national that wants to apply for Permanent UK Residence? Permanent Residence is an immigration status granted EEA nationals who are considered to be a ‘qualified person’ for at least 5 years
Need help with your Permanent Residence Application? Master Legal Services is an expert team of immigration lawyers London that provide comprehensive immigration services for both businesses and individuals, based inside and outside the UK. It may also help to read our post about applying for British Citizenship for EU Citizens Child, as well as that about British Citizenship for EU Nationals. For further information, feel free to contact our office to speak to an expert on 020 8935 5205 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.
Permanent residence for EEA nationals – Who is a qualified person?
A qualified person is an EEA national who is in the UK in any of the following categories:
- a job seeker;
- a worker;
- a self-employed person;
- a self-sufficient person;
- a student.
The following persons have the right to a Permanent Residence Card in the UK:
- an EEA national who has resided in the UK for a continuous period of five years;
- a family member of a EEA national (who is not himself an EEA national) who has resided in the UK with the EEA national in accordance with the 2006 Regulations for a continuous period of five years;
- a worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity;
- the family member of a worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity;
- a person who was the family member of a worker or self-employed person where –
- the worker or self-employed person has died,
- the family member resided with him immediately before his death and the worker or self-employed person had resided continuously in the UK for at least the two years immediately before his death, or the death was the result of an accident at work or an occupational disease;
- a person who:
- has resided in the UK in accordance with the 2006 Regulations for a continuous period of five years and
- was, at the end of that period, a family member who has retained the right to residence.
Permanent residence for EEA nationals – Can the right of permanent residence be lost once acquired?
The short answer to this is Yes, but only if the EEA national is absent from the UK for a period exceeding two consecutive years.
The periods of absence from the UK that will not affect the right of Permanent Residence are the following:
- periods of absence from the UK which do not exceed six months in total in any year;
- periods of absence from the UK on military service; or Your continuity of residence is not affected by:
- any one absence from the UK not exceeding 12 months for an important reason, such as pregnancy and childbirth, serious illness, study or vocational training , or an overseas posting.
Permanent residence for EEA nationals – What are the fees?
The current fee stands at £65.
Best Immigration Lawyers London – How can we help?
Master Legal Services is one of the best immigration lawyers in London. Rest assured that an expert advisor will assess your specific circumstance and assist you with the right application for you. Most importantly, we will provide you a list of the correct documentary evidence to provide to make a successful application. We will collect all the relevant documents and check for errors before you submit your application.
UK Immigration Lawyer Fees
Master Legal Services are affordable immigration lawyers in London.
We have extensive experience in processing and organizing Visa applications. Rest assured that we can cater our services to your affordability. Our dedicated team has helped applicants from all walks of life in both the UK and abroad to obtain their visas by providing excellent advice and immigration services.
Immigration Lawyers East London – Contact us for more
Our Immigration Lawyers East London services are available all over the UK. Contact us below for more information.
T: 020 8935 5205