follow url Tier 1 (Investor) visa
This visa category applies to non-EEA and Switzerland who wish to invest £2,000,000 or more into UK economy. There is no English Language requirement for this category or maintenance requirement (this amount of money speaks for itself!). If the application is successful, the person is eligible to work, study and engage into business activities.
jackpot casino magazine A person would be eligible for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant is a non-EEA or Switzerland national (who is over 18 years old)
- Invests £2,000,00 into the UK
Requirements in relation to the funds:
- The applicant can prove that the money is theirs or their spouse/ partner
- Has opened a UK bank account
- Show that the money is held in a regulated financial institution (e.g. a bank)
- And that the money is available to be transferred into the UK (and can be converted into sterling’s)
It should be noted that the applicant will be asked to provide confirmation of TB test results as well as Criminal Record Certificate.
The £2 million must have been held for three months consecutively before making the application. If the funds have not been held for that period of time then the applicant has to evidence the source of the funds e.g. a divorce settlement, an award, a gift etc. The appropriate documentary evidence will have to be produced to evidence the source of the funds.
gorgeous women of curling calendar TThe applicant will be granted 3 years and 4 months visa. The applicant can extend for a further 2 years and after 5 years they can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
Extension Applications – Post 6 November 2014
For an extension application the following must be met:
- An applicant will have to evidence that they made the investment within 3 months of either entering the UK (for entry clearance visa) or 3 months from when the visa was granted (for an in country application).
- The £2,000 000 must have been invested in at least one of the following ways: UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
- The level of investment must have been maintained at £2 million throughout the period of leave.
Extension Applications – Pre 6 November 2014
Pre November 2014 applicants were only required to invest £1 million. The following must be met to apply for an extension under the old rules:
- Have at least £1 million at your disposal in the UK;
- Have invested not less than £750,000 of your money in the UK through UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital UK registered companies. You cannot have invested in companies that are mostly engaged in property investment activities;
An applicant will need to have made the investment referred to above:
- within 3 months of their entry into the UK, if they were granted visa as a Tier 1 Investor; or
- within 3 months of the date of the grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Investor) visa, or
- where the investment was made prior to the first grant of visa as a Tier 1 Investor, no earlier than 12 months before the date of the application which led to the first grant of leave as a Tier 1 Investor.
How can we help?
At Master Legal Services we have extensive experience in processing and organising Tier 1 (Investor) Visa applications.
T: 020 8935 5205