Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa
Are you an employee looking to obtain a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa? If you looking for affordable UK immigration lawyers in London to assist with your application, then our team of legal experts can help.
This visa allows International Companies to relocate their employees from their overseas operations to a UK subdivision for training purposes or to fill a particular vacancy that cannot be filled by a settled person or EEA worker.
If you are looking to gain this visa type, continue reading for further information or feel free to contact our office to speak to an expert on 020 8935 5205 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.
Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa – How to Acquire it.
There are currently 2 sub categories for Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa:
1. The Graduate Trainee Category.
This category is for fresh international graduates’ employees who are to be relocated as part of a systematic graduate program, that specifically outlines progression in the direction of a managerial or specialist position. It is required that the candidates are recent graduates with at least 3 months’ preparation in a foreign division of the transnational.
The salary threshold for this category is £ 23.000.
2. The Long Term Staff category.
This category is for skilled workers who are to be relocated for a period between 12 months and 5 years with the purpose of filling a position that cannot be filled regionally. It is required that the candidate must have been employed at the foreign division of the multinational for at least twelve months on a salary of minimum £41.500 (or the relevant rate).
Who can apply for Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa?
- For individuals who have been working over 12 months in their organisation.
- The professionals are being transferred to a skilled in job in the UK to fill a post which cannot be filled by a settled worker.
- The period of stay is between 12 months and 5 years maximum.
- Graduate Trainee
- For recent graduates transferred to the UK for the purpose of training.
- The graduates must come to the UK as a part of a structured graduate training programme.
- The period of stay is maximum 12 months.
- You have been offered a role in a UK branch organisation by your overseas employer.
- You are from outside EEA and Switzerland
- You have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your position provided by your employer
- You are being paid what is considered an “appropriate salary”
Note: The minimum salary for Long-Term Staff is £41,500 per annum. The minimum for Graduate Trainee is £23, 000 per annum
- You have at least £945 in your account 90 days before you apply as proof of personal savings.
- You have proof that you have been working for your employer outside the UK.
- You show that you can travel
[Note you must also provide your travel history over the last five years] –If you are from a listed country, you must pass the Tuberculosis test.
Employers who wish to sponsor people under Tier 2 need to meet several conditions, and one complicated criterion among them is the minimum salary requirement. Business owners have not always found it comfortable dealing with this aspect of the law when they want to embark on employing a Tier 2 visa worker. First, it comes with a lot of differences in the minimum income rates which depends on a lot of things;
- Check how the sponsorship will come – if it is in the category of Tier 2 (General)
- Will it be under Tier 2 ICT (Intra-Company Transfer)?
- Consider if the employee comes as an experienced hand or is new on the job (new entrant)?
- Check the SOC Code (Standard Occupational Classification)
- Consider the number of working hours involved
- There is also ILR ( Indefinite Leave to Remain)
With all these requirements, it will not come as a surprise that many would-be employers consider the process to be rather complicated. Generally, any sponsored employee’s income must be at or higher than either the least income for their SOC Code or the general minimum income according to their peculiar circumstances. However, this is highly dependent on which one is the highest.
A significant margin of error is created by different rules meant for diverse categories of employees and the distinct roles or positions they undertake, holders of sponsor license suffer severe penalties when they get it wrong. This is capable of affecting the legal status of that particular visa holder to take up paid employment in Britain. More importantly, the company or employer will face punitive actions from the Home Office.
To worsen the situation, you will have to consider altering the level of income threshold, which poses a major compliance risk. It is for the authorities to make alterations to exemptions and levels, while the employers have no choice than to ensure that they keep pace.
Can I extend my Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa?
It is possible to extend this type of visa up to nine years, given that the employee is earning of £ 120.000 or more per year.
How to apply for Tier 2 (ICT) Visa extension?
–You must apply to UKVI for a Tier 2 ICT visa with a named employer and for a distinct, skilled position.
–You must possess a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
–You must satisfy the minimum salary requirements outlined in the Standard Occupation Codes.
–You must be able to support yourself in the UK.
You must meet the maintenance provision for yourself and your dependents
How long is the processing period?
Processing time usually last between 1 and 6 weeks. Note that in some cases the processing time can take longer.
Get In Touch
Get in touch today for a free initial consultation!