Tier 4 General Student Visa Lawyers in London

Free assessment

Free Eligibility Assessment

Apply for Tier 4 Student Visa

Are you a non-EEA individual thinking of taking your studies in the UK? Tier 4 General Student Visa route might be for you. If you are looking to apply for the Tier 4 General Student Visa, Master Legal Services can help. We are one of the best immigration law firm London that provides comprehensive Tier 4 general sponsored student visa services for students based inside and outside the UK.

Continue reading for further information about Tier 4 General Student Visa requirements, or feel free to contact our office to speak to our immigration experts on 07490639558 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.

Requirements for Tier 4 General Student Visa:

  • You are required to demonstrate that you hold adequate funds to pay the course fee as well as to support yourself throughout your study course in the UK.
  • You have been offered a placement on a course in a UK university.

Note that you must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)

  • You read, speak, write and understand English at the required level.

Note that you must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. Usually this means passing a secure English language test, such as CEFR level B2.

Tier 4 General Student Visa Extension

You can only apply for a tier 4 general student visa extension if your current sponsor institution is:

  • a higher education institution (HEI)
  • an overseas HEI
  • an embedded college offering pathway courses
  • an independent school

You must apply:

  • within 6 months of getting a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
  • before your current tier 4 student visa expires – but no more than 3 months before the course start date on your CAS

You are permitted to stay in the UK until you get your decision. The Home Office aims to provide a decision within 8 weeks of making a tier 4 general student visa application. However, there is an option to use priority service and premium service which reduces the waiting time.


Can I work during my studies?

When you have a tier 4 general student visa you can work as a student sabbatical officer. Additionally, you can work up to 20 hours weekly and full time during your holidays if you are studying a degree-level course for longer than six months.

Note that you can’t work in certain jobs, for example sports coach.

Can I get public funding?

Under Tier 4 General Visa rules you are not able to receive public funds.

Can I bring family members or dependants i.e. parent of a Tier 4 General Student Visa holder?

You might be able to bring a dependant to the UK i.e. parent of a tier 4 general student visa, if:

  • You are sponsored by higher education institution on a course level 7 that lasts more than a year.
  • You are on a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
  • You are a new government-sponsored student

Note that your dependants will have to pay healthcare surcharge as part of their application.

When can I apply for Tier 4 General Student Visa?

The earliest you can apply for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa is three months before the starting date of your course.

Tier 4 General Student Visa application fees

The prices for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa vary depending on your application type.