Tier 4 General Student Visa
Are you a Non EEA individual thinking of doing your studies in the UK? Tier 4 General Student Visa route might be for you.
- You are required to demonstrate that you hold adequate funds to pay the course fee as well as to support yourself throughout your study course in the UK.
- You have been offered a placement on a course in a UK university.
Note that you must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)
- You read, speak and write and understand English at the required level.
Note that you must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. Usually this means passing a secure English language test, such as CEFR level B2.
Extending your Visa:
You can only apply to extend your visa to study if your current sponsor institution is:
- a higher education institute (HEI)
- an overseas HEI
- an embedded college offering pathway courses
- an independent school
You must apply:
- within 6 months of getting a confirmation of acceptance for studies(CAS)
- before your current visa expires – but no more than 3 months before the course start date on your CAS
You are permitted to stay in the UK until you get your decision. The Home Office aims to have a decision within 8 weeks of making an application. However, there is an option to use priority service and premium service which reduces the waiting time.
Can I work during my studies?
You can work work as a student sabbatical officer. Additionally, you can work up to 20 hours weekly and full time during your holidays if you are studying a degree level course for longer than six months.
Note that you can’t work in certain jobs, for example sports coach.
Can I get public funding?
Under Tier 4 General Visa you are not able to receive public funds.
Can I bring family members or dependants under Tier 4 General Student Visa?
You might be able to bring a dependant to the UK if:
- You are sponsored by higher education institution on a course level 7 that lasts more than a year.
- You are on a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
- You are a new government-sponsored student
Note that your dependants will have to pay healthcare surcharge as part of their application.
When can I apply for Tier 4 General Student Visa?
The earliest you can apply for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa is three months before the starting dates of your course.
How much does Tier 4 General Student Visa cost?
The prices for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa vary depending on your application type.
The cost for a Standard application currently stands at £457, you will receive an answer within 8 weeks.
For a Priority service you will pay £916 , this will lower the waiting time to 10 days.
For a Premium- Same Day service the price currently stands at £1,047.
Note that the above mentioned prices are subject to change.
How can we help?
At Master Legal Services we are happy to assist International Students with their applications.
Contact us for more information:
T: 020 8935 5205