Apply for Tier 4 Student Visa
Are you a non-EEA individual thinking of taking your studies in the UK? Tier 4 General Student Visa route might be for you. If you are looking to apply for the Tier 4 General Student Visa, Master Legal Services can help. We are one of the best immigration law firm London that provides comprehensive Tier 4 general sponsored student visa services for students based inside and outside the UK.
Continue reading for further information about Tier 4 General Student Visa requirements, or feel free to contact our office to speak to our immigration experts on 07490639558 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.
Requirements for Tier 4 General Student Visa:
- You are required to demonstrate that you hold adequate funds to pay the course fee as well as to support yourself throughout your study course in the UK.
- You have been offered a placement on a course in a UK university.
Note that you must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)
- You read, speak, write and understand English at the required level.
Note that you must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. Usually this means passing a secure English language test, such as CEFR level B2.
Tier 4 General Student Visa Extension
You can only apply for a tier 4 general student visa extension if your current sponsor institution is:
- a higher education institution (HEI)
- an overseas HEI
- an embedded college offering pathway courses
- an independent school
You must apply:
- within 6 months of getting a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
- before your current tier 4 student visa expires – but no more than 3 months before the course start date on your CAS
You are permitted to stay in the UK until you get your decision. The Home Office aims to provide a decision within 8 weeks of making a tier 4 general student visa application. However, there is an option to use priority service and premium service which reduces the waiting time.
Can I work during my studies?
When you have a tier 4 general student visa you can work as a student sabbatical officer. Additionally, you can work up to 20 hours weekly and full time during your holidays if you are studying a degree-level course for longer than six months.
Note that you can’t work in certain jobs, for example sports coach.
Can I get public funding?
Under Tier 4 General Visa rules you are not able to receive public funds.
Can I bring family members or dependants i.e. parent of a Tier 4 General Student Visa holder?
You might be able to bring a dependant to the UK i.e. parent of a tier 4 general student visa, if:
- You are sponsored by higher education institution on a course level 7 that lasts more than a year.
- You are on a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
- You are a new government-sponsored student
Note that your dependants will have to pay healthcare surcharge as part of their application.
When can I apply for Tier 4 General Student Visa?
The earliest you can apply for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa is three months before the starting date of your course.
Tier 4 General Student Visa application fees
The prices for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa vary depending on your application type.