Sole Representative of an Overseas Businesses Visa


High Success Rate

Same Day Services

Multilingual Experts

Competitive fixed Fees

The requirements to the representative to be sent to the UK are as follows:

  • be recruited and employed outside the UK by the employer they intend to represent in the UK;
  • intend to work full-time for the organisation;
  • not intend to take any other employment;
  • be applying to be the sole representative in the UK of an overseas employer who intends to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business;
  • not be a majority shareholder in that overseas business;
  • be a senior employee of the overseas company;
  • have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business for the purpose of representing it in the UK;
  • obtain entry clearance in this category before arrival in the UK and present it to a border force officer on arrival;
  • provide evidence that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds;
  • meet the required standard in English language.

Sole Representative of an Overseas Businesses Visa Overview

An applicant for a UK representative of an overseas business visa will have to evidence that they and their company intend to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of that overseas business in the UK, and that branch or subsidiary will operate in the same type of business activity as the overseas business.

The applicant must have been employed by the overseas company for at least a year and must be fully competent in the field.

This category cannot be switched into; it will have to be an entry clearance application. Evidenced of maintenance will need to be provided but there are no specific maintenance figures. There are also English language requirements that an applicant must satisfy.

The employer applying for a representative of an overseas business visa must have:

  • its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK;
  • no active branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK.

If there is already a branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK, employees must apply under the points-based system. 

Majority shareholders in the parent company are not eligible for entry as sole representatives.

What Our Clients Say

I would like to thank Master Legal Services for the job they have done to get my 5 years UK Residence Card as a family member of a EU national. I recommend this immigration firm as they have provided me with a tailored service, by speaking my native language (Russian) and charging less than other law firms in London.

Vitalia Ion

I have asked the Master Legal Services for help with my Family Leave to Remain application. Elena was very professional and knowledgeable in explaining the process and what was required for this application. She made me feel assured that all the information submitted was correct and I would get my FLR without any problem (and I did). I highly recommend using this company as they are professional and efficient.

Kelly A – 47

I have instructed them to handle my very complex case regarding EEA Permanent Residence Card. They handled my immigration case in a very professional manner. They have been staying in constant contact, responding promptly to my queries. I have been granted Permanent Residence Card. Now I will instruct them to assist with my application for a British citizenship. It is very difficult to find a good law firm that charges a reasonable fee. I would highly recommend Master Legal Services.

Mark Berknman

The holder of a sole representative of an overseas business visa may be granted indefinite leave to remain if:

  • they have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a representative of an overseas business or in one of the predecessor categories of overseas media representative or sole representative;
  • they have met the requirements of a sole representative of an overseas business visa throughout the 5-year period, which include:
  • being employed throughout the period, for example by providing P60s for the last 5 years and pay slips for the last 3 months;
  • for sole representatives, evidence to show they have established a branch registered as a UK establishment or subsidiary and generated business;
  • their employer must still be actively trading and remain centred overseas.
  • can produce a letter from their employer which certifies they are still needed to do the job they were first granted leave for;
  • can demonstrate knowledge of English language and life in the UK, unless they are exempt.

Dependants. A representative of an overseas business may bring, or be joined by, their spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, dependent children.

Family members (‘dependants’) can come with the applicant when they come to the UK on this visa. Family members must have a visa if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

The husband, wife or partner cannot come to the UK as a dependant if they own or control a majority of the overseas business the main applicant will be representing.

They’ll need to have their fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a visa application centre as part of their application. The application can be submitted both from within and outside the UK.

Children born while you’re in the UK can be added to the visa as dependants.

It must be done if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.

A full UK birth certificate for each child must be provided, showing the names of both parents.

Why Our Clients Choose Us

High Success Rate

Our team is dedicated to providing excellent services to each client.

Affordable Fixed Fee

We offer one of the most competitive fees in London.

Conveniently Located

Our office is very conveniently located in the City of London with a walking distance from underground stations (Chancery Lane, Holborn).

How we can help

At Master Legal Services we have a team of experienced specialists, all based in London and ready to provide you with a free initial assessment regarding your immigration matter.  You can contact us on 020 8935 5205+44 7710987064 or by email

Our services include:
  • A comprehensive consultation and assessment of your case; 
  • Advising you about the relevant documents and immigration requirements; 
  • Filling in the application form;
  • Checking your documents to make sure that they meet the requirements;
  • Drafting a cover letter in support of your immigration matter; 
  • Correspondence with the Home Office / UKVI; 
  • Advising about booking biometric appointments or using the new UKVCAS IDV app; 
  • Submission of all necessary documentation to the Home Office / UKVI system. 

About us

Master Legal Services is a company Registered in England & Wales No.10309474. We are authorised to provide immigration advice and services by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).


7 Bell Yard London,




020 8935 5205