Tier 1 Investor Visa
OISC ACCREDITED UK IMMIGRATION ADVISERS
High Success Rate
Same Day Services
Competitive fixed Fees
Tier 1 Investor Visa
Are you considering a move to the UK for investment purposes? If so, the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa category applies to those who wish to invest £2,000,000 or more into the UK economy.
There is no English Language or maintenance requirement for this category. If your UK Tier 1 investor visa application is successful, the person is eligible to work, study, and engage in business activities.
Need assistance with applying for your UK Tier 1 Investor Visa? Master Legal Services immigration lawyers prioritize your needs and provide the best immigration advice for your particular circumstance. For further information, feel free to contact our office to speak to an immigration expert on 020 8935 5205 or via Whatsapp on 07710987064.
In the meantime, continue reading for further information about the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa requirements.
Eligibility Requirements for UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
A person would be eligible for a UK Tier 1 Investor visa if they meet the following eligibility requirements:
- the applicant is over 18 years old
- and can invest £2,000,000 into the UK
Requirements in relation to the funds:
- The applicant can prove that the money is theirs or their spouse/ partner;
- Has opened a UK bank account;
- Show that the money is held in a regulated financial institution (e.g. a bank);
- And that the money is available to be transferred into the UK (and can be converted into sterling’s)
What Our Clients Say
I would like to thank Master Legal Services for the job they have done to get my 5 years UK Residence Card as a family member of a EU national. I recommend this immigration firm as they have provided me with a tailored service, by speaking my native language (Russian) and charging less than other law firms in London.
I have asked the Master Legal Services for help with my Family Leave to Remain application. Elena was very professional and knowledgeable in explaining the process and what was required for this application. She made me feel assured that all the information submitted was correct and I would get my FLR without any problem (and I did). I highly recommend using this company as they are professional and efficient.
Kelly A – 47
I have instructed them to handle my very complex case regarding EEA Permanent Residence Card. They handled my immigration case in a very professional manner. They have been staying in constant contact, responding promptly to my queries. I have been granted Permanent Residence Card. Now I will instruct them to assist with my application for a British citizenship. It is very difficult to find a good law firm that charges a reasonable fee. I would highly recommend Master Legal Services.
It should be noted that the applicant for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa will be asked to provide confirmation of TB test results (for a range of countries only) as well as a Criminal Record Certificate.
The £2 million must have been held for two years consecutively before making the Tier 1 Investor visa application. If the funds have not been held for that period of time then the applicant has to evidence the source of the funds e.g. a divorce settlement, an award, a gift, etc. The appropriate documentary evidence will have to be produced to evidence the source of the funds.
The applicant will be granted 3 years and 4 months visa. The applicant can extend for a further 2 years and after 5 years they can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
Extension Applications for Tier 1 Investor Visa
We can assist you with your application for an extension of your Tier 1 Investor Visa to ensure positive results. For extensions, the following must be met:
- An applicant will have to evidence that they made the investment within 3 months of either entering the UK (for entry clearance visa) or 3 months from when the visa was granted (for an in country application).
- The £2,000,000 must have been invested in at least one of the following ways: share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
- The level of investment must have been maintained at £2 million throughout the period of leave.
Things to know about Tier 1 Investor visa
There are still many clients who are unaware of the tier 1 investor visa changes that have taken place. It is always important to speak to an expert immigration adviser so that all the essential information is made clear to you.
Investing in property doesn’t count for the purpose of a Tier 1 Visa application
There are many clients who are under the impression they will be eligible to invest their money into property. Previous Tier 1 investor visa rules had some scope to invest into the property; but this rule has been changed and such type of investment is no longer available.
Tier 1 investor visa investment rules clearly state that the amount of £2,000,000 cannot be invested in companies “mainly engaged in property investment, property management, or property development”.
This is further clarified in the policy guidance as “share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies”.
Why Our Clients Choose Us
High Success Rate
Our team is dedicated to providing excellent services to each client.
Affordable Fixed Fee
We offer one of the most competitive fees in London.
Our office is very conveniently located in the City of London with a walking distance from underground stations (Chancery Lane, Holborn).
Make your investment within 3 months
You must have made the investment within 3 months of your specified date, unless there are exceptional reasons for the delay in investing. In general, the specified date will be the date that you first entered the UK when you can provide evidence of this exact date. Otherwise it will be the date that you were granted leave to enter in the UK.
It is necessary for the applicants to be aware about the timeline and the deadline dates so that their visa is not curtailed.
Maintaining your Investment Fund
If you are granted a Tier 1 Investor visa, you will be granted leave to remain for 3 years and 4 months. If you are considering to extend this visa, the investment fund should be maintained throughout the period of leave. This means that if there are any dips during the investment, this should be rectified within 6 months to make up the shortfall.
For this reason it is very important that your investment manager is someone who is updated and well informed about UK immigration policies for investors.
Increasing your Investment Fund
The minimum investment to be eligible is £2,000,000. However, If the investor is keen to settle in the UK sooner rather than later, they can do so if they increase the level of their investment.
If the migrant invests £5,000,000 they will be eligible to apply for settlement after 3 years of leave in the UK. If the migrant invests £10,000,000 into the UK, they can apply to settle in the UK after only 2 years.
Settlement as a Tier 1 Investor
- You can apply for settlement under Tier 1 (Investor) once you have reached 5 years’ continuous leave in the United Kingdom under the route. However, if you meet additional criteria (explained above), you may apply for accelerated ILR after a continuous period of either 2 years or 3 years.
- You cannot combine Tier 1 (Investor) leave with leave in any other category to meet the continuous leave requirement.
- Your qualifying period can include time from the date your initial application (for entry clearance or leave to remain) was approved.
- You can apply for settlement up to 28 days before you will reach the qualifying period. If you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.
- You have spent the specified continuous period lawfully in the United Kingdom, with absences from the United Kingdom of no more than 180 days in any 12 calendar months during that period.
The specified continuous period is either:
- 2 years, if you can demonstrate that you have invested £10 million as detailed above;
- 3 years, if you can demonstrate that you have invested £5 million as detailed above; or
- 5 years, if you can demonstrate that you have invested £2 million as detailed above.
Tier 1 Investor Visa – Life in the UK test and Language requirements
Although you do not need to prove your language level when you first apply for your visa, it will be required to show the knowledge of life in the UK and English language for ILR application (unless you fall under exemption).
You can demonstrate this by passing both the Life in the UK test and holding an English speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above.
- A decision on your UK Tier1 Investor Visa application is usually made within three weeks of submitting it.
- You can come to the UK with the Tier 1 Investor Visa for a maximum of three years and four months.
- You can extend your status for another two years if you’re already in the same visa category, subject to eligibility. If you are switching from another visa category to the Tier 1 Investor Visa, you can extend your status for two years.
- You could also apply for settlement or ‘indefinite leave to remain’ once you’ve been in the UK for five years (or less if you qualify).
As this route involves a high level of investment, it is strongly advised that you speak with an experienced immigration adviser who can assist with your application.
How we can help
At Master Legal Services we have a team of experienced specialists, all based in London and ready to provide you with a free initial assessment regarding your immigration matter. You can contact us on 020 8935 5205, +44 7710987064 or by email email@example.com
- A comprehensive consultation and assessment of your case;
- Advising you about the relevant documents and immigration requirements;
- Filling in the application form;
- Checking your documents to make sure that they meet the requirements;
- Drafting a cover letter in support of your immigration matter;
- Correspondence with the Home Office / UKVI;
- Advising about booking biometric appointments or using the new UKVCAS IDV app;
- Submission of all necessary documentation to the Home Office / UKVI system.